BOSU® Complete Workout System - (5-hour Specialty Certificate Workshop)
Expressions of Interest Now Open
BOSU® Complete Workout System - (5-hour Specialty Certificate Workshop) The BOSU® Complete Workout System will provide you with the formula to make the BOSU Balance Trainer more effective in your club, your classes and with your clients. This specialty certification will take you through the BOSU system, step by step, and provide you with 5 full workouts that you can start using right away. You will leave this certification with knowledge of the science behind functional balance training, teaching skills to accommodate all levels of fitness, and new tools and ideas for designing endless BOSU workouts that are effective and fun!
Workshop Objectives - Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of functional training, balance and stabilization training.
- Discuss the concept of core stabilization, and its function in daily activities, fitness and sports performance.
- Demonstrate how to progress or regress an exercise or drill with four Balance Challenge Variables.
- Explain when and how to use the Balance Trainer in a dome up or dome down position.
- Demonstrate modifications and variations for a single exercise by using weighted fitness balls, weighted bars or dumbbells.
- Demonstrate the simple progression of a base exercise from easy to more challenging.
- Teach and demonstrate a 30-minute BOSU Complete Core workout with Balance Challenge modifications and variations.
- Teach and demonstrate a 30-minute BOSU Complete Upper, Lower or Total Body workout, showing how to use a theme to create variety.
- Teach and demonstrate a 30-minute BOSU Complete Circuit workout with equipment modifications and variations
“My clients love the challenge that the BOSU Balance Trainer brings to their pilates workouts. We have fun whilst working on balance, core, co-ordination, strength and mobility. I have seen amazing results with core control as well as proprioception and kinaesthetic sense. Plus being able to rehabilitate injuries is a huge benefit.”
Kerry Johnson (Master trainer and NZ Fitness Presenter)